Featured Post

Announcement Photos for Beka and Gibson!

Preview from my announcement photo session with two of my favorites... LOOK AT THAT LIGHT! Love it. This was easily one of the most fun ses...

thoughts.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Today I am thinking. Another decision faces me! (Please pretend with me it hasn't been over 6 months since I last posted on this neglected blog.)

Anyways, when I find myself facing a decision, I am realizing that it often overtakes my thought life. I like resolution, I don't mind conflict, and in fact my dad likes to refer to me as one who "takes the bull by the horns!"  An interesting analogy for someone who is deathly afraid of most animals! Haha.

But as I am praying over this particular situation, I am refreshed to realize that the God who led the Israelites through the wilderness is MY God. He has NEVER failed me. Even as I'm sensing the direction I feel Him leading me for the immediate future, I really don't know what the future holds - NONE of us do! But HE does. And that brings me such hope. 

So, I am still thinking! And prayerfully considering this situation that faces me. And even as I would like my problems to be solved, and all the loose ends of life neatly wrapped up, they aren't! And they never will be until I get to heaven. There will ALWAYS be something. So the sooner I learn to REST in the unknown, the better, huh?! This verse I read today spoke powerfully to me and to this situation:

‎"We were so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we 

despaired of life itself. But that was to make us rely NOT on 

ourselves but on GOD who raises the dead!" - 2 Cor. 1:9

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs