Featured Post

Announcement Photos for Beka and Gibson!

Preview from my announcement photo session with two of my favorites... LOOK AT THAT LIGHT! Love it. This was easily one of the most fun ses...

waiting

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

{Image by me}


I am in a new season of waiting... the LORD is teaching me so much about waiting - it's not been the easiest! Today I was reading one of my favorite daily devotionals, called "Streams in the Desert", and today's topic was regarding 'delays'.
"God is going to test me with delays; and with the delays will come suffering, but through it all stands God's pledge: His new covenant with me in Christ, and His inviolable promise of every lesser blessing that I need. The delay and the suffering are part of the promised blessing; let me praise Him for them today; and let me wait on the LORD and be of good courage, and He will strengthen my heart."
Often my struggle with waiting/delays comes down to the issue of faith. Do I believe God is in control? Do I trust in His complete and perfect sovereignty? If I do, then why am I worrying - He is in control and is orchestrating every detail of my life for His glory. And I can rest in that!
"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. Trust in the LORD forever, for in YAH, the LORD, is everlasting strength.' {Isaiah 26:3-4}

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs